JiPuo

Monday, January 23, 2006

Singapore's Common (& cute) Excuses

Laugh if you want.

The most famous of all - 'busy'.

Nurse Grace exclaimed with a twisted pronunciation,
"Today I'm so bg bg bg... (pronounced 'b' and 'g'. She meant 'busy')"
I said, "Be careful with your diction. Some men might mistake you for saying 'Today I'm very bitchy bitchy bitchy ..."
:-))))

---
When Property Agent Joanne wants to end the call. At 9 pm,
"Oh, I've not seen my mum for a long time. I'm going now.
.... I'm now at the doorsteps......."
So filial(?)
Then why didn't she go at an earlier time so that she could stay longer at her mum's place?? Y leave the mum as the LAST PRIORITY of the day?? :o)))

When u'r at doorsteps at 9pm, you 'll probably reach your
mum's place by about 9.30 pm. How long can u stay there
then? Mums need to sleep early - you know? (Her mum is
>80 years old!)

---
My friend Joe didn' want to go to a meeting. So SUDDENLY,
"My relatives at 9am have arrived in Singapore, (WITHOUT
any advance notice), and I've to entertain them.....so I can't
go down......" :o)))

---
U call up a clinic nurse Wendy and greet by asking, "How r You?"
Nurse answered: "I'm with a patient (- period)."

My Question: How long does one need to have the courtesy to say 'Fine. Thank you.'??
:o)))

---
Pastor Peter: 'I am in a real hurry to fetch my wife....'
After that, he was seen talking to another PASTOR for half an hour....(He was in a REAL hurry...???) :o))))))

---
A preacher preached beautifully on humility, gentleness, and patience. Everybody was impressed.
After the sermon, somebody asked her a question. She
retorted, "YOU ASK ME, AND WHO DO I ASK?!!!"
:o))))))

---
Leader Simon was late by half an hour.
Excuse: "oh ... we were
delayed by the children...."

Why didn't you wake up earlier then?
That was not all.
The next week, somebody was late for 5 minutes and the
leader asked, "Meeting is at 9 am - not 9.05....U'r late!!"
:o)))))

---
Preacher Peter didn't prepare for his sermon. So he went up to the pulpit and blasted an illogical unstructured sermon.
When confronted by the Senior Pastor, he gave this excuse in a very pious tone,
"...Be led by the Spirit........"
Senoir Pastor said with a smile, "In future, be prepared, and the Spirit will lead you better......."